Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting Number 11


Name: Wilson Daniels
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95
Vintage Cellar Review: Orange blossom and citrus permeate the aromas. Alluring flavors of orange and grapefruit dominate the palate. Bright acidity balances the plush mouthfeel, resulting in a clean finish.
My Review: I wasn't a big fan of this wine. Although it was smooth and dry, it was not as good as other Sauvignon Blancs I've had. It had a short finish and tasted a bit of grapefruit.
I tasted this on its own with no food. 

NameChandon Sweet Cuvee
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: NV
Price: $9.95
Vintage Cellar ReviewThis wine is an innovative sparkling wine style revealing vibrant stone fruit and floral aromas with rich, luscious mouthfeel. This wine enlivens the senses and sparks spontaneous moments, complementing your passion for a good life.
My Review: This was dry wine with light bubbles on the tongue. There was not much on the nose. It tasted a little bit like syrup and had a bitter finish. I didn't taste any fruit in this wine. It was not as sweet as the name implied 
I tasted this on its own with no food.

Name: Black Ridge White Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: NV
Price: $3.95
Vintage Cellar Review: This fruit forward White Zinfandel displays fresh aromas and crisp flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. It is incredibly food friendly and will pair well with burgers, sandwiches, fruit salad, and more.
My Review: This was a refreshing white zinfandel. It had a very sweet and fruity nose. It tasted of cherry and was very easy to drink. This had a bit longer of a finish that I really enjoyed.
I tasted this on its own with no food.

Name: Ksana Bonarda
Variety: Bonarda
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2008
Price: $9.95
Vintage Cellar Review: The bouquet is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a
savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda. Finishes solid. Very sweet, berry smell with some rooty undertones. Kind of dry, makes your lips pucker.
My Review: This wine was dry and a bit sour. It was almost bitter in taste and was tannic - definitely made my lips pucker. I tasted the berries but I'm not sure what they meant by a rooty undertone.
I tasted this on its own with no food.

Name: Concannon Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: USA
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95
Vintage Cellar ReviewThis is an extremely rich, full-bodied wine with a dark fruit core. Aromas of blackberry, blueberry, cassis and dark cherry are followed by more berry fruits and chocolate and mocha on the palate.
My Review: I really enjoyed this shiraz. It was classic in that it was a bit tannic and tasted of dark red fruits. I would love to try this wine with chocolate. 
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment